UNITY Visits Southern Arizona Partners
Sells/Tucson, Arizona – Promoting and developing partners for UNITY is a priority according to Fund Development Manager Greg Mendoza as he traveled to southern Arizona. “One of the best ways to promote UNITY is to do it in-person. By traveling to meet with tribal leaders and representatives from the Tohono O’odham Nation, Pascua Yaqui Tribe, University of Arizona and the Tucson Indian Center, he was able to talk about UNITY and distribute packets about the organization.” he said. UNITY looks forward to further strengthening these partnerships for years to come. Pictured above is Chairman Robert Valencia, of the Pasqua Yaqui Tribe.
Thank you for the following Tohono O’odham Nation Representatives for meeting with us:
- UNITY Alumnus – Jesse Navarro serves as Governmental Affairs Assistant to the Tohono O’odham Nation, Office of the Chairman and Vice Chairwoman.
- UNITY Alumnus – Vivian Juan-Saunders serves as Councilwoman of the Tohono O’odham Nation Legislative Council. She served as the former Chairwoman.
- UNITY Alumnus – Adam Andrews serves as Councilman of the Tohono O’odham Nation Legislative Council and Adjunct Professor, Tohono O’odham Community College
- Francine Senechal, Program Manager, Tohono O’odham Nation Youth Council
UNITY appreciates all the hard work of these Pascua Yaqui and Tucson community leaders:
- Karen Francis-Begay, Assistant Vice President, Tribal Relations, University of Arizona
- UNITY Alumnus – Angela Montiel, Community Health Educator, Tucson Indian Center
- Tucson Unified School District Native American Student Services Staff
- Tucson Native Youth Council Members
UNITY appreciates the generous support of the Pasqua Yaqui Tribe! UNITY is made possible in part by gracious partners like the Pasqua Yaqui Tribe. By investing in Native youth, Tribes are building their future leaders. UNITY provides Native American and Alaska Native youth an experience, like no other, through our culturally relevant leadership programming designed to empower youth to realize their individual potential.
For more information, please email Greg Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org