UNITY Seeks Applications for 25 Under 25 Program – Application Deadline Extended to May 12
UNITY is now seeking Native American and Alaska Native youth between the ages of 14 to 25, who have shown a commitment to serving their communities, to apply to the 25 Under 25 program. Please note that those who reach the age of 25 prior to May 12, 2014 (previously May 1, 2014) are not eligible for the program. To learn more, read a related story HERE.
The purpose of this exciting program is to:
- Recognize the accomplishments of Native youth, ages 14 to 25, who are dedicated to serving their communities
- Provide training and hands-on learning activities that will increase the participants’ ability to serve their community
- Encourage rising Native leaders to aspire to greater levels of achievement
- Build a support network of ‘service to community’ minded leaders that will grow with each year; and
- Further the UNITY mission of building a strong, unified, and self-reliant Native America through greater youth involvement
Those interested in applying may download the attached application packet, follow the instructions provided, and submit the completed application packet to UNITY by 5:00 PM (Pacific Daylight Time) on May 12, 2014. Please note that the deadline has been changed to May 12, 2014 from the previously announced date of May 1, 2014. The selections to the inaugural class of the UNITY 25 Under 25 program will be announced in May 2014. The application material is available as a Word and PDF document and may be downloaded by clicking on the appropriate Attachments link.
If you have questions after reading the information provided in the application packet, call the UNITY office at (480) 718 – 9793 or email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check back to this website from time to time for possible changes and updates.
Update April 08, 2014: Award winners must be present at the 2014 National UNITY Conference to receive their award. Award winners must be willing to participate in the National UNITY Conference. Conference registration fee will be waived for the award recipients. Travel assistance for honorees will depend on the availability of funds.