National UNITY Council Executive Committee Announcement
Calling all Native youth leaders in the Midwest, Pacific, Rocky Mountain, Southwest and Western Regions! Applications are open for vacant positions on the National UNITY Council’s Executive Committee (NUC EC):
Recently, on April 18, 2020 the UNITY National UNITY Council Executive Committee voted to declare vacancies. NUC Representatives from the vacant region (Midwest, Pacific, Rocky Mountain, Southwest and Western Regions) will submit their declaration of candidacy for the open Area Representative positions. Representatives must be an individual member in good standing, or be a member of a National UNITY Council affiliated Youth Council in good standing, in accordance with Article III: National UNITY Council Membership. Applications will be reviewed and confirmed through the UNITY Office by the appropriate processes.
- The Declaration of Candidacy Application can be found at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7EhH02Bk37hP-1Uaic9VUseObyNK6rA4eM8bMSp3M7qQkMw/viewform
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY WILL BE FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2021 at 5pm Pacific time.
- Only those Native youth leaders who follow the UNITY Code of Conduct, and are between the ages of 14-23 years old, will be eligible to be considered for candidacy.
- The NUC Executive Committee will then appoint a new Area Representative by majority vote at their next monthly meeting, based on the pertinent consideration of the recommendations submitted.
- Lastly, in accordance to the Constitution and By-laws, the Board of Trustees ratify and approve all recommended changes, appointments and amendments before releasing publically.
- If you plan to submit an application for nomination, please have your declaration of candidacy filled out and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the aforementioned deadline, (04/30/21) to be considered for the respective positions. As stated, the accepted nominations will be distributed to the youth councils in good standing.To find out if your council is in good standing, or how you can become a member in good standing, please contact the UNITY Office at (480) 718-9793 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.