Seeking Applications from Four Regions: Join the Executive Committee Today
Thank you to those who have applied for the 2021-22 Executive Committee!
We are still seeking applications from the following regions who have not had any applications. This year is the first time that youth do NOT have to attend the National UNITY Conference in person to run. Virtual options have been made available for youth to participate in the elections remotely. The Deadline has been extended to June 18, 2021.
Seeking applications for the following four regions:
- Great Plains Regional Representative– Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Northeast Regional Representative – Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Southeast Regional Representative – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
- Southern Plains Regional Representative – Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas
Each year, during the National UNITY Conference, there is a National UNITY Council business meeting that takes place. It is here the voting members (one male and one female from every affiliated youth council and affiliated individual members of UNITY) elect new members to the National UNITY Council Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is composed of two Co-Presidents, one male and one female, and ten Area Representatives to represent the ten geographical regions within the UNITY network.
The ten geographical areas and the states included in each are defined as follows:
- Great Plains – Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Midwest – Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin
- Northeast – Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Northwest – Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Alaska
- Pacific – California, Hawaii
- Rocky Mountain – Montana, Wyoming
- Southeast – Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia
- Southern Plains – Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas
- Southwest – Colorado, New Mexico
- Western – Arizona Nevada, Utah
Your online petitions must be filled and successfully by the due date, Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 5:00 pm (Mountain Standard Time). Please note:
- Candidate eligibility will be confirmed before ballots are prepared.
- Confirmed candidates will have the opportunity to offer a speech to their constituents before the National UNITY Conference Business Meeting.
- Candidates will be held to a strict Code of Conduct, including their online presence and working relationships.
- Candidates must be present at the National UNITY Conference in Dallas, Texas, July 2-6, 2021.
- If elected, a mandatory Executive Committee Orientation will take place on July 5th. Travel arrangements should be made accordingly.
Applying for an NUC Executive Position is a 3 Step Process:
STEP 1: June 2, 2021 NUC EC Applications are due
- Online Application Form: https://forms.gle/zdi4742mHPGWMKDa7
STEP 2: June 16, 2021 the Youth Council and Individual End of the Year Online Reports are Due (only online reports are accepted)
Note: Individuals fill out the same link, just put N/A in the questions that don’t apply to you.
- Note: One Youth Council will be selected for the UNITY Youth Council of the Year Award based on these reports
STEP 3: June 16, 2021 UNITY Membership Dues are due:
- 3 ways to Pay:
- Youth Councils has chosen to pay with dues at the same time as their Registration this year through the online registration company. Questions? Call: 985-240-5511 Email: UNITY@american-tradeshow.com
- Members can also mail their checks or money orders payable to: UNITY, Inc., 953 E. Juanita Ave. Suite C Mesa, AZ 85204
- (If payments are “on their way”, members must be able to provide proof/documentation that payment has been sent).
- Pay Dues Online Here: https://unityinc.org/donations/financial-contribution-to-unity-inc/
- Note: Only those who pay before June 16, 2021 will be able to vote and participate in the National UNITY Council Business Meeting during the National Conference.
- On-site Membership Payments will only allow members to vote during the 2022 National UNITY Conference. (This allows adequate time for the Accounting Department and Registration to provide an accurate list of paid Membership to everyone)
For more Information on eligibility requirements, please read the online petition form in its entirety. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Greg Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the UNITY office (480) 718-9793, or the current members of the Executive Committee.