2019 National UNITY Conference Call for Workshop Presenters
UNITY is seeking those interest in conducting a workshop at the 2019 National UNITY Conference taking place July 4-8, 2019 in Orlando, Florida!
There is high interest in Peer-to-Peer workshop submissions. Youth and youth councils are encouraged to submit proposals.
Youth Council Advisors are also encouraged to offer workshops for the Adult Track of the Conference. Advisors can share resources or tools helpful for those working with Native youth.
Each workshop lasts 45 minutes. There are two opportunities to present:
- Saturday, July 6 (3 consecutive sessions) from 9:30 – 12:00 pm
(Note: Saturday workshops must fall in the “Wellness” workshop category as part of the UNITY Wellness Warriors Summit)
- Sunday, July 7 (3 consecutive sessions) 1:30 – 4:05 pm
Purposed workshops must fall under the following categories, based on the descriptions below:
- CAREER: Higher Education, Fellowship Programs, STEM-related Education, Politics and Leadership, and Financial Planning
- CULTURE: Language and Culture Retention Programs/Models, Using the Arts as a Means of Retaining Culture, NAGPRA/Historic Preservation, and Using Culture as a Means to Live a Healthy Life
- ENVIRONMENT: Global Warming, Environmental Issues Confronting Tribal Communities, Careers and Opportunities in Environmental Sciences, Political Issues Involving Our Planet
- WELLNESS: Physical fitness, Mental Health, Spiritual Health, Cultural Wellness teachings, Substance Abuse Prevention, Wellness Programs, Nutrition and Active Lifestyles
A One-Day Conference Pass is provided on Day-Of workshop presentation only (for presenters – Max of 1 moderator and 3 panelists).To experience the National Conference in its entirety, we ask that you please register and pay for full registration. The Gala Banquet on Sunday, July 7 is not included as part of your one-day pass. You may purchase a banquet ticket a la carte on the registration site.
Email questions to our event manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE for Workshop Proposals:
MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2019
Selected Workshop Presenters will be notified on or before
TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 2019