Earn $45 gift cards and other prizes for your Earth Day project!
- For a families who quarantine together, take a weekend morning to scour the neighborhood for discarded plastics, cans, and bottles for a personal cleanup project that will help the entire community.
- Beach or waterway clean up! If you live in a coastal area, this is especially important in helping to protect ocean wildlife.
- In the backyard, scope out a good location for a compost pile. Start recycling coffee grounds, egg shells, and scraps of food to decompose and to ultimately enrich your garden for the upcoming growing season.
- Perform a household energy audit. Focus on things like electronic devices like laptops that are left on 24/7 (which accounts for 5-10% of residential energy use per year!) Turn these devices off when not in use and you can save an average $100 on your electric bill annually. Around the house, replace old bulbs with longer-lasting, more energy-efficient ones.
- Not ready to take the plunge into solar energy just yet? Look for solar-powered porch or entryway lights you can easily install yourself outside. For even more energy savings, look for motion-sensor solar lights that are only activated when you approach an entryway.
- Build a bird feeder for the backyard or patio — by using a plastic bottle and filling it with bird feed. NOTE: You can also make a nature-made feed bowl out of half an orange peel. Fill it with seed and place on an outdoor table or windowsill.
To take the challenge, post a public photo to Instagram or Facebook using #UNITY45 and tag our page. To make sure you’re not overlooked, email details about your completed project to email@example.com. UNITY Sustainable Prizes will include UNITY water bottles, UNITY Reusable totes and $45 Gift cards.
2021 Earth Day Events & Activities
|Earth Day New York City||Earth Day Oakland|
|Earth Day Chicago||Earth Day Philadelphia||Earth Day San Diego|
|Earth Day Washington DC||Earth Day St. Louis||Earth Day San Francisco|